DATA COLLECTION AND PRIVACY TERMS
Bitdefender informs you that in certain programs or products it may use data collection technology to collect technical information (including suspect files), to improve the products, to provide related services, to adapt them and to prevent the unlicensed or illegal use of the product or the damages resulting from the malware products. You accept that Bitdefender may use such information as part of the services provided in relation to the product and to prevent and stop the malware programs running on your computer.
From time to time, the Software and Services may collect certain information from the device on which it is installed, which may include: Information on potential security risks as well as URLs of websites visited that the Software and Services deems potentially fraudulent. The URLs could contain personally identifiable information that a potentially fraudulent website is attempting to obtain without Your permission. This information is collected by Bitdefender for the purpose of evaluating and improving the ability of Bitdefender’s products to detect malicious behavior, potentially fraudulent websites and other Internet security risks. This information will not be correlated with any personally identifiable information.
– URLs of websites visited as well as search keywords and search results only if the browser toolbar feature is enabled. This information is collected by Bitdefender for the purpose of evaluating and advising You regarding potential threats and risks that may be associated with a particular Web site before You view it. This information will not be correlated with any personally identifiable information.
– Executable files that are identified as potential malware, including information on the actions taken by such files at the time of installation. These files are submitted to Bitdefender using the Software and Services’s automatic submission function. The collected files could contain personally identifiable information that has been obtained by the malware without Your permission. Files of this type are being collected by Bitdefender only for the purpose of improving the ability of Bitdefender’s products to detect malicious behavior. Bitdefender will not correlate these files with any personally identifiable information. Such automatic submission function may be deactivated after installation by following the instructions in the Documentation for applicable products. Status information regarding installation and operation of the Software and Services. This information indicates to Bitdefender whether installation of the Software and Services was successfully completed as well as whether the Software and Services has encountered an error. The status information could contain personally identifiable information only if such information is included in the name of the file or folder encountered by the Software and Services at the time of installation or error. The status information is collected by Bitdefender for the purpose of evaluating and improving Bitdefender’s product performance and installation success rate. This information will not be correlated with any personally identifiable information.
– Information contained in email messages that you send through the Software and Services to Bitdefender to report as spam or as incorrectly identified as spam. These email messages may contain personally identifiable information and will be sent to Bitdefender only with your permission, and will not be sent automatically. If you send such messages to Bitdefender, Bitdefender will use them only for the purpose of improving the detection ability of Bitdefender’s antispam technology. Bitdefender will not correlate these files with any other personally identifiable information.
– Information contained in a report that You may choose to send through the Software and Services to Bitdefender when the Software and Services encounters a problem. The report includes information regarding the status of both the Software and Services and Your computer at the time that the Software and Services encountered the problem. The status information about Your computer may include the system language, and the operating system version for Your computer, as well as the processes running, their status and performance information, and data from files or folders that were open at the time the Software and Services encountered the problem. The information could contain personally identifiable information if such information is included in, or is a part of the name of the files or folders open at the time the Software and Services encountered the problem.
This information will be sent to Bitdefender only with Your permission, and will not be sent automatically. The information is collected by Bitdefender for the purpose of correcting improving Bitdefender’s product performance. This information will not be correlated the encountered problem and with any personally identifiable information.
– The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer on which the Software and Services is installed, as well as other general, statistical information used for license administration, product analysis, and for improving product functionality. This information will not be correlated with any personally identifiable information.
The collected information as set out above is necessary for the purpose of optimizing the functionality of Bitdefender’s products and may be transferred to the Bitdefender Group in the United States or other countries that may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which You are situated (including the European Union), but Bitdefender has taken steps so that the collected information, if transferred, receives an adequate level of protection.
Bitdefender reserves the right to cooperate with any legal process and any law enforcement or other government inquiry related to your use of this Software and Services. This means that Bitdefender may provide documents and information relevant to a court subpoena or to a law enforcement or other government investigation. In order to promote awareness, detection and prevention of Internet security risks, Bitdefender may share certain information with research organizations and other security software vendors.
Bitdefender may also use statistics derived from the information to track and publish reports on security risk trends. By using the Software and Services, You acknowledge and agree that Bitdefender may collect, transmit, store, disclose and analyze such information for these purposes. You declare that all the data that you provide will be true and accurate and undertakes to inform BItDefender of any changes to said data. You have the right to object to the processing of any of his or her data which is not essential for the execution of the agreement and to its use for any purpose other than the maintenance of the contractual relationship.
In the event that you provide the details of a third-party, Bitdefender shall not be held responsible for complying with the principles of information and consent, and it shall therefore be you that guarantees to have previously informed and obtained the consent of the owner of the data, with regards to communicating such data.